Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sanford calls on Sanford to resign

South Carolina Governor Marc Sanford today called on himself to resign his post because of his marital infidelity. At a recent press conference, Sanford said,

"I think it would be much better for the country and for him personally (to resign)... I come from the business side. If you had a chairman or president in the business world facing these allegations, he'd be gone."


He noted that the affair did not only harm Sanford's public relations but also his ability to govern effectively.
"The issue of lying is probably the biggest harm, if you will, to the system of Democratic government, representatives government, because it undermines trust. And if you undermine trust in our system, you undermine everything."


Sanford responded to the charges in a public statement,

I remain committed to rebuilding the trust that has been committed to me over the next 18 months, and it is my hope that I am able to follow the example set by David in the Bible - who after his fall from grace humbly refocused on the work at hand. By doing so, I will ultimately better serve in every area of my life, and I am committed to doing so.
As of this writing, there is no word on whether Sanford expects his mistress to give birth to a child who will then be killed by God as punishment for Sanford's infidelity. Nor did Sanford explain whether he had also, armed only with a sling, killed a giant in order to become governor of South Carolina.

1 comment:

  1. Not a very thoughtful comment - but I just have to say - that's freakin hilarious.

    ReplyDelete