Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Blaming the Gay

An amusingly Freudian interview with moderately anti-gay Utah State Senator Chris Buttars.
BUTTARS: I meet with the gays here and there; they were at my house two weeks ago. I don't mind gays, but I don't want 'em stuffin' it down my throat all the time, and certainly in my kids' face.

Buttars continued:
I mean, in these places where I meet gays, I give back as good as I get. But if the gay community would keep hold of themselves, get a grip on themselves, pull their members back and keep them from splashing themselves all over the public, then, we may suppress our gag reflex and make no bones about our embrace of them and their private, inner selves. I have tried to reach around the aisle and get my Democratic colleagues off their thrust for public displays of homosexuality, but they continue to push no matter how hard I push back. Their rigid insistence on exposing themselves to a nation not yet open to their intrusion into the private parts of their lives leads through the back-door to hell. Yet at the same time we cannot blow this chance to come together, fill the holes in our relations with our love for our opposition, and thrust aside our disagreements. Also.

No comments:

Post a Comment